Friday, May 17, 2013

Graduation tomorrow

It's finally here.  Tomorrow is graduation day.  This is the culmination of 18 months of hard work.  Now, the challenge is getting that first position.  Sometimes, I think the coursework was easier than the job search.  One of the things I know is that simply having a degree does not make one a strong school administrator.  So, my question is, as always, do I have what it takes?  That is the question that I am certain is asked by many when they are at this crucial turning point.  In reflection, I know that I could have done more during my internship.  I'm not sure I really understood what it entailed.  In retrospect, I would have sought out more opportunities for direct service.  Still, it was a learning experience and I am grateful for that.  I know, however, that being in the office will require adjusting to a very steep learning curve.  That being said, though, I am happy to finally graduate and get my degree.  I'm also thankful for all of the family who are here with me.  It's going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment