Thursday, June 27, 2013

Interview 1 (part 2)

In my last post, I shared that I was having my first interview.  After a 6 hour drive on Thursday, I was surprisingly awake and focused.  The interview was a blur, but I realized the importance of doing homework. I had my questions ready to go and learned a lot from them.  I also realized that I wasn't prepared for some questions.  This was a wake up call for more preparation on my part.  Overall, while I didn't get the job, I was able to get some feedback from the principal.  She recommended getting more leadership experience and actual teacher evaluations if I didn't get a job this summer.  

While I was somewhat let down by not getting the job, I have three more interviews scheduled next week.  One is only 16 miles from the last location.  Another 6 hour drive ahead.  

Getting the first job is supposed to be tough according to most people. I will just stick it out and trust that the right position will work out.  

One of the things that I realize I need is a network of leader that I can work with, bounce questions off of, and share resources.  I also need to start using social media more as a tool to learn and grow as I follow those who have been there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment