I looked at the calendar today and realized that we have five more weeks of school. Just five weeks. What on earth can you do in five weeks? I would have to say quite a lot.
In five weeks, you can
- inspire a child to become better.
- build stronger relationships with your kids.
- raise a child’s reading level by (fill in the blank).
- teach your children new math/reading/writing strategies.
- recognize something positive about every child in your class.
- Encourage every staff member in the building
- help a child get their AR shirt.
- Make a positive contact with every parent in your classroom.
- try a new teaching strategy.
- visit another classroom and see how someone else teaches.
- read that book you’ve been trying to get to all year.
- develop a new habit.
- learn more about a coworker.
- walk 33 miles (if you just walk one mile a day).
- read 33 blog posts (by just reading one a day).
- Start setting goals for next year.
- Add your own ideas to this list
How will you choose to use the next five weeks? Whatever you choose, use it well.