Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thanksgiving

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

We're coming up on Thanksgiving and a much needed week of rest. I hope yours is refreshing and that you come back rejuvenated for the three week run until Christmas.

For you trivia buffs, the first Thanksgiving is recorded in 1621 when the colonists at Plymouth and the Native American Wampanoag tribe shared an autumn harvest feast. The holiday did not become official until 1863, when Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of Thanksgiving to be held in November.

If you are like me, your Thanksgiving consists of lots of food, time with family, and a good amount of fun. Okay, I admit, my Thanksgiving also has lots of hunting in it. But, in the middle of the food, family, and fun, please remember that this is a holiday of Thanks Giving. Literally giving of thanks.

I hate to say it, but it is our tendency as humans to hone in what is going wrong and forget to spend time focused on what is right. So, this Thanksgiving week, I challenge you to refocus your heart and mind on all that you have to be thankful for.

I've included below my list of Thanksgiving ABCs. This is an alphabetic breakdown of things I have to be thankful for. Just making it gives me a glad heart. Plus, as Paul says, it is God's will that we give thanks in everything.

Hope you have a restful week!

A- Ability to work every day
B- Bible
C- Church
D- Ducks and Dove and Deer
E - Education
F- Family
G- God’s provision
H - Hunting
I- Internet
J- Jesus death, burial, and resurrection
K- Kids
L- Laughter and Love
M- Music
N- Northside Primary School
O- Opportunities to serve
P- Patience
Q- (William) Quarles
R- Relationships
S- Sheryl Quarles
T- Time
U- Unlimited data on my phone
V- Vacations
W- Wildlife
X- X-Men movies
Y- (Feeling) Young
Z- Zany fun

No comments:

Post a Comment