Thursday, February 16, 2017

Learning from Podcasts

Recently, I discovered podcasts.  I take that back.  I've known about podcasts for years, but only recently started really listening to them.  The reason is that I'm beginning a new exercise program and wanted to learn while I sweated.  But, no matter what got me started, I'm finding a wealth of valuable learning through podcasts.

If you aren't familiar with what a podcast is, a simple definition is that it is a talk show that you can download and listen to at any time.  There are hundreds of them available on every topic imaginable.  I lean toward education and leadership podcasts.

Below are several of my favorites that I cycle through each week.  If you have other suggestions, please leave them in the comments.  I'm always open to learning.

Better Leaders, Better Schools - This podcast is designed to help school leaders get better through learning from the wisdom of those both inside and outside the school setting. 

Angela Watson's Truth for Teachers- Angela Watson provides great ideas for teachers on a variety of topics and from many different guests. 

Andy Stanley's Leadership Podcast - Pastor Andy Stanley provides leadership motivation, ideas, and wisdom from his own experience and interviews with other leaders. 

Kids Deserve It - Todd Nesloney and Adam Welcome provide motivation for educators in each weekly interview with a leader in various fields. 

You can use many different services to access podcasts including iTunes.  I personally use the app Podbean, which is available on the AppStore or GooglePlay.  But, there are many others that provide the same function.  However you choose to do it, I encourage you to start listening.  It is worth the time.

Again, please feel free to leave your favorite podcasts in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment