Monday, July 15, 2019

In Process Part 3

Please note:  This was written in June 2019, but I chose to wait to publish until July.

For the last several days, I've been sharing about a new opportunity that has opened for me.  It is far from anything I've ever done in the past.  Still, it feels right.  I will be using many of the skills I have acquired as an AP just in a different way.  While this is not the path I would have chosen for myself, it is the one I know I am supposed to be on.

They say that when you start something new, you have to leave other things behind.  I will miss the day to day action of the campus and interacting with teachers and students.  There will be opportunities to do this, but not in the same way.  I will, however, be able to impact many of these kids both directly, but more importantly, indirectly through the staff that I serve.  In this new position, I will be leading a group of people who interact directly with children and help start and end their day.  I have ultimate responsible for ensuring the safety of kids.  My work will indirectly impact social and emotional growth by increasing positive interactions with kids on a daily basis.  Interacting with parents to help their kids be successful will play a role in this position.  I must learn new skills, new systems, and be able to put new ideas and processes in place.  The learning curve for me feels like a wall.  But, I've climbed that wall before and I can do it again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment