Wednesday, July 17, 2013

2nd Interviews

2nd interview #1 is over.  I didn't get the position, but the experience was priceless.  It is honor to sit in the presence of fellow educators and be able to speak openly with them.  #2 is supposed to be tomorrow.  However, in the meantime, an opportunity has opened closer to home and it looks promising.  So now I have a dilemma.  Do I focus my time on the one closer to home or do I o ahead with tomorrow's interview knowing that I probably won't take it?  Tough choices. 

During this process, I've also learned the value of mentors.  Prior to Monday's interview, I contacted a mentor and he was able to help me clarify some of my responses as well as model good coaching strategies.  I've learned that, when I'm in the presence of a great leader, I need to take the time to learn as much as possible.  

Right now, I'm hoping that I'm offered the position closer to home because it would mean not moving as well as continuing to make an impact in the district.  I can see lots of value in staying there as I already have relationships in the community and I can continue the work I've already started.  I will still trust that I am going to end up in the right place in the end.  In any case, all of the interviewing I've done this summer has been valuable as I've made contacts, clarified leadership strengths and weaknesses, and am better prepared for the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment