Friday, July 12, 2013

Interview 5 and 6

Over the last 4 days, I've had two interviews.  Both, in my opinion, did not go as well as I had hoped.  I felt as though I was stumbling in several areas, but apparently the committees did not have the same view.  I've been called for second interviews on both.  At this point, I can see several possible reasons.  One, the schools are getting desperate to get someone on board. Two, there were very few applicants. Or, three (and I hope this is the correct one), the committee was truly impressed with me.  I went into these interviews recognizing that, unlike other interviews where I was selling my skills, I needed to sell me.  The committee is not buying a bill of goods ( or a skill set), they are instead buying into a person.  Skills are necessary, but it is more important to have the right person in place. I hope that I can be that person and display the skills, temperament, and work habits necessary to be beneficial to the success of the school and every student in it.  If not, it is still an opportunity to get to round two and see what happens next.  This, in of itself, is an honor and a privilege. 



No comments:

Post a Comment