Monday, January 23, 2017

Panda Planner Part 2 #30DaysBlogging

It's been about 10 days since I started using the Panda Planner.  In my first post on the Panda Planner, I said I would be doing periodic updates about how it is helping (or not helping) me in my quest for a more productive day and better time management.  So far, I'm happy to report that the results have been positive.  I'm accomplishing more at work and home as well as developing some healthy habits.  In the video below, I discuss some of the positives and lessons learned over the last ten days.



There is really nothing unique about the parts of the Panda Planner.  Each aspect can be found in other planning tools. What makes it useful and different, at least for me, is the structure.  All of the tools and processes that I want to use are in one location.  For example, I don't have to think about reflecting because the reflection piece is on each daily page.  I just have to do the work.  Remembering to plan out my week is not an issue because the process is laid out in the Weekly section.  All I have to do is take the time and effort to make it happen.  My priorities for each month, week, and day are laid out before me.  I just have to focus on these priorities.

Since I started using the Panda Planner, I've seen my productivity increase simply because I have my highest priority activities in front of me each day.  I just make my daily schedule match these priorities as much as possible.

Aside from the time management aspects, my favorite part of using the Panda Planner has been the daily and weekly reviews.  While completing these, I get the chance to zero in on the positives of the day or week as well as where I can get better. I also get to really think about my day before it happens and decide what I'm excited about in the upcoming hours.  Being excited about accomplishments and growth opportunities make them even more special when they occur.

All in all, I've seen growth since I started using the Panda Planner and expect to see even more in the weeks ahead.  I'll continue to reflect and provide more videos on my journey in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment